Author Topic: Signature Word Wrap  (Read 3987 times)

Offline kylesw555

Signature Word Wrap
« on: March 09, 2016, 05:56:51 AM »
Hi

I'm having problems with my signatures on my email accounts, the text doesn't seem to wrap on mobile devices so when an email is sent from my inbox and received on a mobile device the text is just on one line meaning you have to scroll right to see it all. This goes for all of my email accounts.

I'm using html signatures and I have word wrap ticked, it does seem to wrap fine on normal monitors.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kyle

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Signature Word Wrap
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:18:30 PM »
That would be a problem with the mobile clients not Roundcube.

Offline kylesw555

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »
Hi

I do not believe that to be true as I also send emails using Mybb using the same signature and the text wraps fine on all devices I also tested this signature with another email application and once again the text wraps fine, it's only when I send from Roundcube that the signature text does not wrap. The text in the main part of the messages wraps without a problem.

I like Roundcube and dont want to use another email application however this is making our emails look unprofessional so I am hoping to resolve this.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 01:24:56 PM »
Are the other applications sending plain text email? Text wrap normally works on plain text emails on mobile clients.

Offline kylesw555

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 01:30:41 PM »
No I am always sending a html email.

Offline kylesw555

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 12:05:54 PM »
Hi

I'm still having the problem, I'm hoping to solve this rather than moving to a new email application but time is running out for me to find a solution.

Offline kylesw555

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 06:28:36 PM »
I have managed to solve this problem, I changed the '<pre></pre>' tags in the signature using the source editor into '<p></p>' tags and it's now sorted.