Author Topic: Database compatibility and Plugin compatibility - RC07x - RC08x  (Read 3499 times)

Offline isotophe

Hello!

So... here's the thing...

Can I keep both versions running with the same database, so my users can keep their data both on the new and the old versions?

I don't want the change to be so rough. I'd like to put something like "back to the old Webmail", for those who need a time to get used to the new interface.

Is it possible?

Also, I have some plugins installed, for password changing mainly, 'cause I run an ISPConfig3 based hosting. Someone knows if the plugins are compatible?

Thanks in advance
- Henry
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:34:26 AM by isotophe »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Database compatibility and Plugin compatibility - RC07x - RC08x
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »
You can't have RoundCube 0.7.x and 0.8.x running on the same database. You are aware that the new version (0.8.x) still has the classic skin so users can pick between the two, right? If your using the standard change password plugin that comes with RoundCube then it will work with the new version.

Offline isotophe

Re: Database compatibility and Plugin compatibility - RC07x - RC08x
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:26:36 AM »
Oooh sorry, I didn't notice that at all. :P

I'm using the ispconfig3-plugin from WebWack Creations (that's the one indicated on HowToForge ISPConfig3 Forums).

The official page is still talking about RC07x, so I guess I'll just wait until they update the documentation, or someone tries it and post the results on HowToForge.

Thanks for the attention   :D
- Henry