Author Topic: Message selection menu - style incorrect  (Read 5340 times)

Offline grpprod

Message selection menu - style incorrect
« on: January 07, 2013, 07:25:08 AM »
Hi all,

why is the message selection drop-down menu ("All, Unread, Flagged" etc) does not conform to the general stylesheet like all the other drop-downs? Any workaround for this? Browsed the css files, but couldn't recognise it.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Message selection menu - style incorrect
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
I not sure what you mean, are you using larry? It should be ul.toolbarmenu.

Offline grpprod

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
I attach 4 screenshots to illustrate. The first two are in Firefox 17, and the other two in IE9. In each browser, I attach one screenshot of a properly shown menu, and the menu which has the problem. You can see the following:

FF:
No rounded edges, no shadow in the menu, different border.

IE:
Menu totally screwed up (different font, no separators/spacing, no shadow, no rounded edges).

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »
The filter menu is a select box, not a popup div so it can't be styled the same.

Offline grpprod

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 06:33:53 AM »
I see. However, it is my understanding that its appearance is different across browsers. So, and since in Firefox definitely looks better, then I must conclude this can definitely be styled. If dropdowns couldn't be styled, then I would expect to see a default box under every browser. Sadly I am not that familiar with CSS to explain further. In any case, perhaps others will agree with me that there must be something missing from styles.css.

Update: I've also tried Google Chrome and it also renders the menu incorrectly (like IE). I would definitely expect IE to not render properly, but since it also has a problem in Chrome (which is supposed to support all WWW standards) then perhaps it should be considered an issue to be resolved.

It does not look good for any of us, having such a detailed skin like Larry given to our users, to make them consider we just did not pay too much attention to detail when creating 'our webmail'  ::)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:36:27 AM by grpprod »

Offline grpprod

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 06:25:36 AM »
I also see that select boxes can also be styled. (eg http://bavotasan.com/2011/style-select-box-using-only-css/)

Can someone suggest a way to make it uniform across browsers?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 08:46:58 AM »
You'll notice that they are only styling the background color and font color, it no better than how the RoundCube version is styled.

Offline grpprod

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 02:16:36 AM »
I have no problem with Roundcube's styling. The problem is that it is shown only on Firefox. In other browsers it is ignored at its most.