Author Topic: Multiple accounts, multiple profiles, single instance  (Read 5216 times)

Offline peladon

• I tech and I'm an author. Or the other way round..
    • Writing the Bright Fantastic
Multiple accounts, multiple profiles, single instance
« on: April 05, 2013, 08:50:06 AM »
In case I'm doing this wrong (I am, after all, an Idiot  :-[), I'm putting this here (and not in the Feature Request forum) because what I'm looking for may already be available. In fact I've done some searching, and the answer may be something along the lines of 'take a look at the accounts and/ or Identities_imap plugins in MyRoundcube' - and if it is, that's fine :-).
So what's the question, and, um, can I actually get to the point  :-[? OK. I'll try  :).

Among other things, I'm a writer. No, don't worry. I'm not going to try to sell you any books  :P. But as part of that, the writing thing, I have multiple email accounts. All bar one are set up on my own domain (let's call it theidiotwriter.com, even though it isn't). So they're all coming from one hosting provider. Each one has it's own address book, it's own signature, it's own folder list, it's own 'look and feel'. So lets say we have:

theidiotwriter@theidiotwriter.com
ADDRESS BOOK_1
Signature_1 - has things like links to my Amazon page, my Twitter handle, an image of a contact card or VCard
Folders:
Inbox
___General Mail
___Reader Queries
___Agent Submissions
_______Form Rejections
_______Partial Requests
_______Full Requests
Review submissions
_______Rejections
_______Acceptances

alpha_WIPS@theidiotwriter.com
ADDRESS BOOK_2
Signature_2 - No link to my Amazon page - alpha readers don't need that. They already know me. My Twitter handle
Folders:
Inbox
___General Mail
___Reader Queries
___WIP Book title 1
_______Alpha suggestions
_______Comments
___WIP Book title 2
_______Alpha suggestions
_______Comments

beta_WIPS@theidiotwriter.com
ADDRESS BOOK_3 - Alpha and beta reader teams tend to be different people. yes, they could all be in a single address book, but I don't have a global one yet  :-[.
Signature_2 - Link to my home page - beta readers haven;t always known me as long as alphas. My Twitter handle
Folders:
Inbox
___General Mail
___Reader Queries
___WIP Book title 1
_______Alpha suggestions
_______Comments
___WIP Book title 2
_______Alpha suggestions
_______Comments

Generall I want to keep an eye on all of the addresses at the same time, without having to log in and out of different accounts. So to date I've chickened out. I have multiple installs of Roundcube, and open multiple tabs in a browser, and have Roundcube settings to visually alert me when new mail comes in.
But I'm guessing there's probably a better way of doing it.
Ideally I'd like to do it with a single install of Roundcube, perhaps with multiple account tabs visible. but that may not be either practical, possible or a good idea. So may I throw myself on the mercy of your group advice?
---
The Idiot

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Multiple accounts, multiple profiles, single instance
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 05:02:48 AM »
Unfortunately RoundCube doesn't currently have any support for multiple accounts. The only solution currently available is the identities_imap (formally the accounts plugin) plugin from the MyRoundCube project (commercial) and doesn't fully do what you want.

Offline chrizz

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 04:43:10 AM »
Unfortunately RoundCube doesn't currently have any support for multiple accounts. The only solution currently available is the identities_imap (formally the accounts plugin) plugin from the MyRoundCube project (commercial) and doesn't fully do what you want.

So ... is there any plans to support multiple accounts in the near future? Would you mind me trying (I'm a programmer) ?

Regards,

Chris

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »
Not in the short term, but if you want to give it a go to create something feel more than welcome.