Author Topic: Missing table 'system' --> Upgrade to 0.9.0  (Read 23422 times)

Offline clifton11221

Re: Missing table 'system' --> Upgrade to 0.9.0
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »
You should inject what is in SQL/mysql/2013011000.sql then manually with phpmyadmin or something.

I had a similar problem upgrading from v8.4.  I ran the SQL via phpmyadmin and now all is well.

Offline mysitemanager

• MySiteManager
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 07:30:13 AM »
You should inject what is in SQL/mysql/2013011000.sql then manually with phpmyadmin or something.

I had a similar problem upgrading from v8.4.  I ran the SQL via phpmyadmin and now all is well.
Same here, script wouldn't run from the web installer so I ran the script through PHPMyAdmin. I suspect it might have been a permissions error on the tmp folder as that needed setting too.

Offline LonelyPixel

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 03:42:44 AM »
The information "it runs the script bin/updatedb.sh" was useful in a way. I uploaded all files with an FTP/SFTP client from my Windows computer. As every Linux developer should know, Windows doesn't have that rwx-style attributes. So all uploaded files don't have the x attribute set by default. This will prevent script files from being executed on Linux.

I manually set the x attribute for all files in bin/ (with the upload client) and then the database schema update worked just fine.

This information should have gone in the initial error message, instead of a halfhearted "update failed" or what it was. Or at least in the upgrade/upload instructions. Does that feedback help any user with the same problem, or the developers to give mor useful error messages?

Offline alec

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 07:44:36 AM »
Next version will print a better error message.

Offline mkv

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 07:25:32 AM »
Is there any reason for NOT running the DB update using just PHP. It took me quite some time to figure out why upgrading from 0.84 to a more modern version did not work. The log revealed that the installer is trying to run a shell script using system() which in many (if not most) cases has been disabled in the PHP settings for security reasons.

Moreover, it is not at all obvious from the comments what one should do with the database upgrade (=which patches are needed). So what I did was dump the PHP-formatted system() command to a log file and run it manually. From the output I was able to see what to do and also what SQL scripts should be run.

The next problem arose with the mime_types. The server I am upgrading has not been running Apache for years but nginx instead. Copying the apache-provided mime.types to the installation directory and making a manual change in the config file seemed to sort out the problem. Having a better out-of-the-box nginx support would be a nice addition, nginx being so widely used these days - for a reason.

Markku