Author Topic: Installation fails  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Daern

Installation fails
« on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:38 AM »
Hi :)

I've been struggling to install roundcube version 0.9.2 on my server for a while now. It always fails at the initialize database step. It says the DSN is fine, but when I click the initialize database button, it loads for a while and then times out. At this point, I can't even access the installer anymore, it always times out. This is the error I'm getting in the log:

DB Error: Configuration error. Unsupported database driver:  in /<snip>/public_html/mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 75 (GET /)

The funny thing is, despite that error the database driver seems to be working fine, because the tables actually DO get created! I've also tried creating them manually beforehand, when I do that the installer works fine through step 2 as always, but the step 3 page will never load. It just cuts out the click-initialize-database step and goes straight to timing out. It's really strange, I'm at a loss on this one.

Thanks in advance for any help :)
Daern

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Re: Installation fails
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 12:52:14 AM »
More info needed. What version PHP, what type and version database.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline Daern

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:18 AM »
Thanks for the fast response! PHP 5.3.27, MySQL 5.5.30.

Offline Daern

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »
I just ran through the installation again to properly document exactly what I'm doing here, rather than trying to explain it from memory. I've deleted and re-uploaded all the files, and dropped and recreated the database. This is a fresh install from scratch.

First, I browse to /installer/. The first step opens (check environment). Everything says OK except for a few databases (PostgreSQL, SQLite (v2), SQL Server (SQLSRV) and SQL Server (DBLIB)). I will be using MySQL, which says OK, so that should be fine. I click next.

The second step opens (create config). The only settings I change are filling in the database, IMAP and STMP settings. I click create config, download the two files with the links provided, then upload them to the webserver in the config directory. I click continue.

The third step opens (test config). Under "Check DB config", it says the DSN (write) is OK, but the DB Schema is not initialized. I click the initialize database button. It loads for a while, then times out. I refresh the current page (/installer/index.php?_step=3) - it times out once again. I attempt to restart the install process by browsing to /installer/ - this times out too.

There are no messages in the error log (I did get some yesterday, mentioned above, but I wasn't able to reproduce that tonight). I check the database, the tables have been created. The actual database initialization doesn't seem to be failing, the installer is just hiccupping at that point. Any ideas?