Author Topic: Need help with the infamous 1f4 message ...  (Read 5367 times)

Offline michaelwisc

Need help with the infamous 1f4 message ...
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:25:47 PM »
Hi everyone:

Am new to the forum, and am hoping that someone can assist me with trying to get RoundCube working. I have tried just about everything I've been able to find, and nothing is working to get rid of this 1f4 message. If I understand correctly, it's telling me that I'm not able to connect to the MySQL database.

Here are my system specs:

Workstation: Win2k Professional/IIS 5.0
PHP: v5.2.0
MySQL: 4.3.1 (running with hMail Server)

I really have a feeling that my PHP install is messed up somehwere in IIS. The problem is that I can't really find a good tutorial that will walk me step-by-step in getting PHP properly installed under IIS 5.0. I've used the instructions for IIS 6.0 and have pretty much found what's needed, but I still can't get the database to work.

I have verified the following:

1. Made sure that the mysql:// string in the config file for the database was entered correcty with username, password and database name.

2. Checked on the database, and made sure that the user roundcube@localhost had the right permissions from the post about how to configure hMail with roundcube.

3. Verified in php.ini that mysql.default_port = 3307

4. Ran the test.php page, and everything seems to display fine, with no errors at the bottom of the page.

5. Verified that the IUSR account has access to the config directory and files.

6. In IIS, made sure that under Web Root HTTP - in the ISAPIFilters Tab, that php was loaded and running ... it reports that it is loaded, with a priority of *unknown*.

7. Also in IIS, under Web Root HTTP - Home Directory - Configuration, made sure that PHP was there, with the tags of GET,POST,HEAD

==========================

The only thing that I'm not really understanding is the filters section in the php.ini file. I've enabled only the php_mysql.dll by commenting out extension=php_mysql.dll. Are there other extensions that I must comment out as well? Not really sure, and the guides I was following didn't really help on this note, either.

Other than that, I'm at a total loss about what to troubleshoot or check next, friends. Any help or direction you could give me would be VERY much appreciated. If you'd like me to post any files, I'd be happy to do that - just let me know which ones you'd like to see, and I put them up. Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

Take care,
Michael