Author Topic: Login failed in RC but IMAP is OK?  (Read 4598 times)

Offline andybill

Login failed in RC but IMAP is OK?
« on: June 19, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »
getting frustrated ??? so ANY help appreciated !!

I can't login through the Roundcube interface. The mail.log shows a successful IMAP login, and if I telnet to port 143 on the host using identical login / password, then I can use the IMAP server directly. So it's not a login problem as far as IMAP concerned. Nothing is being logged in the roundcube/logs directory, so I may have something wrong in the main config file there?

For info, setup is postfix / mysql, with courier IMAP and POP; no spamassasin / clamav yet .. one bit at a time! .. and it was installed using the workaround howto at http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/

Thanks in advance!
Andy

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Login failed in RC but IMAP is OK?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 03:34:41 PM »
Go in to your main.inc.php and go to where it says $rcmail_config['debug_level'] = 1; change 1 to 4. Then do you see an error?

Offline andybill

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »
done already; was suspecting a permissions problem with Apache but nothing in the Apache logs either.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 03:42:40 PM »
I think your have this problem: http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1742.0 but theres still no fix for it.

Offline andybill

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 03:59:48 PM »
any pointers as to why nothing being logged though? Also, how does RoundCube connect to MySQL - if I use 127.0.0.1 rather than localhost, will it use TCP rather than trying the socket? Mail servers are running chroot'd but Roundcube isnt, and I can access the database no problem as the Roundcube user (cubist in my case) using TCP.