Author Topic: Can I specify %s for $rcmail_config['smtp_server'] in mail.inc.php  (Read 9583 times)

Offline AndyW

I use an array of servers in $rcmail_config['default_host'] for login. Once a use is logged in, for sending email I would like to use

$rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = '%s';
- where %s value is the server chosen at login from array at $rcmail_config['default_host']

$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u'
$rcmail_config['smtp_pass'] = '%p'

Or is there a work around for this ?

TIA

Offline andyb

Re: Can I specify %s for $rcmail_config['smtp_server'] in mail.inc.php
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 02:52:42 PM »
not sure how to do the %s but can I add to the request - could the user's select %s be stored (in a cookie?) so they always see their default server, once they have successfully logged in the first time? Still with a selection list but with the most likely choice already selected ...
Andy

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 08:25:27 AM »
Multiple SMTP servers is a patch I submitted a while ago. I'm 98% sure that it's in the current SVN trunk (not devel-vnext).

Basically, the SMTP servers would be specified the same as the multiple IMAP servers :)

As for the cookie request, that's fair; except that I think RoundCube is meant to not really store that information in a cookie. Although, it could be a nice little "plugin" that could be developed. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure nothing is stored until you log in and even then the session is kept in the database.

Offline dano

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »
Just using 'localhost' puts the correct server in for me. It doesn't for you?

Offline renevdb

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 02:26:51 PM »
Please post the patch, would like to add this to my rc2 test install.
Eddie would go !