Author Topic: Unable to authenticate (OS X Server)  (Read 3551 times)

Offline musicman123

Unable to authenticate (OS X Server)
« on: May 10, 2014, 01:18:35 PM »
I am trying to install round cube 1.0.0 on my Mac OS X Server 3.1. However, on the installer, I am unable to log in and it says that there is a temporary authentication failure. I checked my server settings and it seems correct. I am using Open Directory for authentication on my Mac and I have my Apache document root in a different folder. Also, I am able to log in to my IMAP server from Apple's native mail client.

Offline 6michel

• Bienvenue ! Welcome !
    • Site loisir
Re: Unable to authenticate (OS X Server)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 07:28:42 AM »
Hi musicman123,

See if this link can help: http://topicdesk.com/downloads/roundcube
Come back to us if it is still your problem ...

Yours sincerely
Merci Beaucoup! Thank You Very Much !
Cordialement, Sincerely

Offline luxlogica

Re: Unable to authenticate (OS X Server)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 03:43:38 AM »
I am having the same issue, with Roundcube 1.1, and cannot seem to find directions anywhere on how to fix it. I am trying to instal Roundcube on a Mavericks server, using SQLite as the database. All goes fine during installation, until the 'Test Config' page. Everything passes, except for the IMAP test. I keep getting the "Temporary authentication failure" message. The IMAP logs say nothing useful, unfortunately.

I have Googled around, but have not found a documented solution. I have found several entries from people who have successfully installed Roundcube on Mavericks server, so I know it's possible. I do not wish to use the topicdesk installer, as it seems to instal and override various settings and configs in the system - like PHP - and I'd rather know exactly what's happening to my server.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.