Author Topic: PHP - cgi-fcgi v cli  (Read 4761 times)

Offline peladon

• I tech and I'm an author. Or the other way round..
    • Writing the Bright Fantastic
PHP - cgi-fcgi v cli
« on: July 28, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
Recently I decided to finally give in and upgrade my 0.8 installs of Roundcube (I know. Installs, not Install - can I beg for a Roundcube with multiple login tab?  :) :-[ ) to 1.0.2.
It didn't work.
Well, it did - but I had to manually upgrade. In fact, i gave in and did a fresh 1.0.2 install in another folder. Yes, I really am that paranoid  :-[ .
Anyway. The upgrade failed because my hosting company has a cgi-fcgi install of PHP. So guess what? When I tried to run some composer plugin installs, as seems the recommended way for plugins these days...

Warning: Composer should be invoked via the CLI version of PHP, not the cgi-fcgi SAPI

Actually, the plugin install failed as well  :(.
So. Two questions, if I may. I have the Roundcube 1.02 installs working fine (as far as I can tell) now. But are there likely to be any other lurking gotchas from the cgi-fcgi PHP? And can anyone give me a pointer to a manual install process for plugins under 1.0.2? I can see the old plugins I had won't work, but some of the new ones might be interesting.
My thanks in advance for any comments or advice  :).
---
The Idiot

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: PHP - cgi-fcgi v cli
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:58:32 PM »
There shouldn't be any other problems, the plugin installs would depend on the plugin.