Author Topic: simple autologon  (Read 4429 times)

Offline mf_luder

simple autologon
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
I have roundcube 0.9.5 running on the same computer from which I check my email most of the time. I am the only user of this computer. I don't want to have to log in every time I want to see my inbox. I would rather have my login info saved, like it is in Sylpheed. The "autologon" plugin claims to do exactly what I want, and perform an automatic logon when the site is accessed from localhost. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I've read pages and pages of search results from this forum, and I am aware that it is supposed to be a template that you can adapt to your needs, but I have no idea where to start. I don't know PHP.  I've read the wiki page on plugins, stared at autologon.php for far too long, and even spent a little time reading PHP docs, and I still do not understand why this plugin doesn't work. It seems that most people who need to do autologon are trying to use login information from their website, or something like that. I don't need anything so fancy. I just need exactly what this plugin claims to have been written to do. I noticed that even when autologon is added to the plugins in the configuration file, it does not appear in the list of installed plugins in the "about" information, and that it is the only plugin that does not include an XML file in its directory, but I can't figure out why it is unique in either of those ways.

How can I make it work?

Would it be simpler to serve a different instance of roundcube to localhost and hard code my login info into it somehow? Or maybe write a login page for localhost that automatically excepts login info saved by the browser?

Hints, tips, and pointers (and working plugins!) are appreciated.

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
Re: simple autologon
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:01:14 AM »
Hi,

Try persistent_login plugin (not a free download). Just make sure this is your personal machine. Closing and opening the browser will not be enough to end the session.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:12:10 PM by Yoni »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: simple autologon
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:53:31 PM »
Just to be clear the persistent_login is a commercial plugin.

The auto login should do what you want, in order to use the autologin you need to change/verify there things
1. You need to change the user information in the autologin.php to your own account.
2. You need to make sure that your IP address is "::1" or "127.0.0.1" if its something else like 192.168.0.1 you'll need to add it to the is_localhost() function
3. You need to add _autologin to the URL. So for example if your Roundcube URL is http://localhost/roundcube/ in order to automatically login it would need to be http://localhost/roundcube/?_autologin=1