Author Topic: Can't set Global Address Book plugin to read-only  (Read 3894 times)

Offline terryit3

Can't set Global Address Book plugin to read-only
« on: February 03, 2015, 01:51:43 PM »
Regarding the gab plugin from http://plugins.roundcube.net/packages/johndoh/globaladdressbook

I am running the 1.0.5 version of RoundCube and the latest version of the globaladdressbook plugin, and cannot get read-only to stick.

I have renamed the config file to config.inc.php and set the option in the config file to read-only, but anyone is still allowed to make changes to it.

I'm not sure where to go from here.. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't set Global Address Book plugin to read-only
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 02:45:54 AM »
Please check that your config file is in [rc root]/plugins/globaladdressbook/config.inc.php, that the user PHP runs as has permission to read it and please post the `$config['globaladdressbook_perms']` line from it.

Also please try another setting, for example enable groups and see if that shows up in the UI.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline terryit3

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:56:08 AM »
My www-data user had 644 permission to the config file, but I opened it up to 777 (temporarily) to test it, and it's still remains writeable by all users.

I also enabled groups, and didn't see it appear anywhere.

$config['globaladdressbook_perms'] = 0;

I am using the MyRoundCube Plugin manager if that matters.

I have the globaladdressbook plugin working correctly on our production email server right now, and have mirrored the permissions, file owners, etc, and still can't get it. Edit: Production mail server runs Apache. New dev server runs Nginx.

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:01:42 AM by terryit3 »

Offline terryit3

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:04:47 AM »
Found that my plugins folder was owned by my admin user, so I changed it to www-data and all is well now.

Thanks for your assistance. The plugin is great!