Author Topic: Some problems with 1.1 after upgrade  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Qinn

Some problems with 1.1 after upgrade
« on: February 12, 2015, 01:01:57 PM »
Many thanks for the release searching through multiple folders is a big improvement  ;)

Apart from the the other bonuses with version 1.1 I ran into a few problems after upgrading (in my test environment), I followed the info in the UPGRADING file yet at the point 5; "if you previously installed plugins through composer..." I got stopped as I don't use the composer, but install them manually. So I am not sure is the problems I ran into are caused by some databases adjustment which aren't done.

After the install:

I enabled the the legacy_browser (because some pc's still use older versions of IE)
and didn't upgrade the plugin manager

I have the compose HTML by default enabled yet I cannot edit new messages when I change this I can edit.
When I enable the HTML signature the text box disappears.
Under IE Flagged and Attachment are clear using Firefox 35.0 and 35.0.1 they are blurred
In the about box it says Copyright 2005-2014 I think I should say 2015  ;)

Windows 7
hMailserer v5.6.1 - Build 2208
Xampp-win32-5.6.3.0V11
Roundcubemail 1.1.1

Offline Qinn

Re: Some problems with 1.1 after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 06:20:42 AM »
I thought that it wouldn't be wise to completely copy the new version over the old one. Yet, me having a test environment I did it and after doing this all the above issues are gone even in the about the copyright is good 2005-2015  ;) . Yet in the UPGRADING file the advice at number 4 is to rsync (which to me means only copy the files that are new and not overwriting all) the folders:
/skins/
/plugins/
/vendor/

for the time being everything, old mails, settings etc, seem to be still there and under the search there is now a scope with current folder etc. Can someone tell a bit more about the risks to copy all new files over the old ones instead of rsync?

thnx in advance  ;)

BTW is it possible when your searching all folders that the results show in which folder these results reside?
Windows 7
hMailserer v5.6.1 - Build 2208
Xampp-win32-5.6.3.0V11
Roundcubemail 1.1.1

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Some problems with 1.1 after upgrade
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 07:06:23 AM »
Can someone tell a bit more about the risks to copy all new files over the old ones instead of rsync?

If you had extra plugins or a custom skin installed or something then if you just replaced these folders you'd loose those customisations. rsync is more careful.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦