Author Topic: View All Mail in All Folders  (Read 4604 times)

Offline sparek

View All Mail in All Folders
« on: February 23, 2015, 05:58:33 PM »
It's been a while since I've checked out Roundcube.  I looked at the screenshots and I didn't see this feature, but if it happens to be included please forgive me for posting this.

I think it would be interesting for Roundcube or a Roundcube plugin to allow for showing ALL mail in an IMAP account.  Much like Gmail's All Mail.  In Gmail you can have separate labels (kind of like folders) for messages.  They also have an ALL MAIL "label" for which you can use to show all mail in the email account from every label.

I have an IMAP account that I use Exim filters on to distribute mail into separate folders on the IMAP account.  But that are a lot of instances to where it would be nice to see ALL of these messages instead of looking through each separate folder for the message.  Having an ALL MAIL option in Roundcube would be ideal.

It would actually be even better if these messages could be color coded, assigning a color for a specific folder and when view in ALL MAIL, messages from those folders are colored accordingly.

For example, I have IMAP folders named:

Clients
Deadlines
Important
Payments
To Be Paid

As mail comes into the email address, if it matches certain criteria, it goes into one of those folders.  If it doesn't match any of that criteria, it goes into the Main INBOX on the IMAP account.  An unmatched message may come in that is important and I may move it into the Important folder.

It would be nice to have an option for ALL MAIL, so that I can see all of the messages on the account.  Messages in the main INBOX, plus Clients, Deadlines, Important, Payments, To Be Paid, etc...

If the message could be color coded, say assign the Important folder a Yellow color, so that when messages are viewed in the ALL MAIL view, those messages have a yellow background or someway to signify that they are in the Important folder.

Does a feature or plugin like this exist for Roundcube?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: View All Mail in All Folders
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:32:47 PM »
This would need to be supported by the mail server not Roundcube.

Offline sparek

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »
I thought the client (Roundcube) would just aggregate all of the mail in the subfolders under the account.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 02:40:31 PM »
Roundcube doesn't store a copy of all of the mail on the account like a desktop client does so in order for such a feature work Roundcube would need get mail from every folder and then manually sort them to make a correct list. As soon as you get into paging you would have to get basically the whole mailbox in order to sort it correctly to find what is on page two, three, etc. It would take a long time to load each page and take a lot of the hosting servers resources.