Author Topic: Server Error: STATUS: STATUS failed  (Read 6777 times)

Offline rteddy

Server Error: STATUS: STATUS failed
« on: May 12, 2015, 07:19:08 AM »
Hello,

always when i create new unix user like:

Code: [Select]
sudo useradd -m -s /bin/bash username
passwd username

nano /etc/postfix/virtual
test@test.com username

like said here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PostfixBasicSetupHowto

i am able to login to roundcube, however i see alert "Server Error: STATUS: STATUS failed" always when i refresh page. i can send mails, i can receive mails, but i see this.

it seems to me, that it shows this alert because the inbox is empty... because once i send email to this email address (and inbox contains something), the error message is no longer displayed...

cheers,

Lukas

btw: is it possible to create new mail boxes another way than creating unix users? i know it is more postfix question

btw2: now i found, when i am trying to delete mail, i see error alert saying "UID COPY: Mailbox does not exist." and mail is not deleted

edit : to make working deleting of mails, you have to first create folder named Trash after you login in Roundcube, in Settings/Folders (pitty the folders are not created automatically)

and also put this in config:   

$config['trash_mbox'] = 'INBOX.Trash';

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:59:40 AM by rteddy »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Server Error: STATUS: STATUS failed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 03:02:59 AM »
edit : to make working deleting of mails, you have to first create folder named Trash after you login in Roundcube, in Settings/Folders (pitty the folders are not created automatically)

there os a setting in the Roundcube config file - create_default_folders - which makes it auto create defailt folders on first login.

in general i wonder if the errors you see are caused by the fact at mailboxes are not initialised at creation or at first login by your IMAP server, so all the folder and things Rouncube expects are not there and with create_default_folders set to false it cant even try and make them
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦