Author Topic: Export does not work  (Read 12322 times)

Offline alphanalyst

Export does not work
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:50:51 PM »
I'm new to Roundcube as my ISP (tried to) transition us from gmail today to Roundcube today.  So far - I'm not impressed by the stodgy interface and other limitations (I liked gmail much better).  ** I can't seem to get the EXPORT option to work as it's greyed out. **  My goal is to export all of my old gmail emails that are now in roundcube via my ISP and then import them back to a NON-ISP NEW gmail account.  This way, I don't have to deal with my lame ISP in the future.  I will then use the NEW gmail account with the exported / imported emails while I add a forwarding address in roundcube to automatically pass (forward) any new emails to my new gmail account.  So - why is the Export option greyed out?  The instructions at this page do NOT work - http://docs.roundcube.net/doc/help/1.0/en_US/mail/importexport.html - Alternatively - if there is a way of migrating all emails from my ISP using Roundcube that obviates the export (from ISP / Roundcube) and import (to gmail) - that would be very cool.  Please explain.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development

Offline ryce

Re: Export does not work
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 03:55:00 PM »
I am also trying to export or backup and its greyed out.

I can only backup a single message at once

any tips?

thanks

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 03:29:24 AM »
By default Roundcube only lets you download 1 message at a time. There is a plugin shipped with Roundcube called zipdownload if that is enabled it will let you download multiple message in a single zip file. I'm not sure if it lets you download entire folders or not because the particality of that is going to depends on the size of the folder. Only the administrator of your Roundcube installation can install/enable plugins. Probably a more reliable option (if possible) is to connect a deskptop client to your IMAP account and use that to download entire folders.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline freeland

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
You can transfer your existing e-mail content to the new Gmail account using Settings/ Accounts and import/ Import mail and contacts function in Gmail, but before, perhaps your ISP has to open the necessary POP port in the mail server firewall.