Author Topic: Classic Theme Compact without company logo  (Read 12167 times)

Offline Tayku

Classic Theme Compact without company logo
« on: August 29, 2015, 02:45:51 PM »
Hello!

I am using Roundcube for a couple of years as a single-user system on my own webserver. I was a bit unhappy with the classic theme, not because of the design but because a lot of space was "wasted" for things like a company logo, which I do not need (or any other person using Roundcube self-hosted), or just dead space.

So I made a compact version of the classic theme. It removes the company logo, moves the four task buttons to the left (without text, but that doesn’t seem necessary) and reduces the overall border from 20px to 5px. Most other things are left untouched, with three exceptions:
  • When composing mail, the attachment list was moved to the left, and the contact list removed. I have replaced this with the compose_addressbook plugin. Saves much horizontal space for the mail itself.
  • Date and priority are not displayed in message preview window. This can be changed by removing templates/messagepreview.html
  • Notification message popup was moved from top to bottom, so it will not stand in the way (all the action buttons are also on top). It’s not complete at the bottom, so that Chrome’s URL info bar is not hidden.
The theme is based on classic as an extension. Download link: http://qwertfisch.eu/roundcube/classic_compact.zip

It is not much work, but I am quite happy with the theme for a long time, so I thought I can give it back to the community. :) There will also be a no-border variant following, saves another 10px in each dimension.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Classic Theme Compact without company logo
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 04:31:33 PM »
It looks good, thanks for posting. There have been several classic compact skins over the year but they end up broken after they stop being maintained. Do you think you could post the skin to GitHub so even if the link changes there would still be a place for it?

Offline Tayku

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
I will try to maintain this theme (of course, I am using it daily), at least every minor version of Roundcube.

The download link won’t change, but for other developers and designers I have uploaded the repository to Bitbucket. This way one can see the single commits and changes: https://bitbucket.org/qwertfisch/roundcube-classic-compact/overview

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:58:49 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Tayku

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 08:38:46 AM »
A small update on the skin (same link), reduced the size of styles.css.

I have managed to create a no-border variant, where the browser window itself acts as left/right/bottom border. I think I have checked all places. If you want to test it: http://qwertfisch.eu/roundcube/classic_compact-no-border.zip

Offline mckaygerhard

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 03:28:52 PM »
ok i take it over this two variants

the compat_no_borders have problem with more recents, so i going to the git repo directly to test with lasted fixeds

but still have same problem: internal server error so i suspect depends on classic theme activated

the theme need clasic theme present, but i need sustitued the clasic theme to classic compat..

Offline Tayku

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »
As commented on Bitbucket, I will have a look on this problem this week. And yes, the archive files provided have not been updated, my bad.

Offline Tayku

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »
Ok I have updated the direct links. Everything is tested successfully on Roundcube 1.1.4.

There is still a small fix that should be applied: when clicking one of the four main buttons (mail, addresses, settings, logout), the color is faded out. But it should return to normal after clicking. This does not work with Roundcube because it’s not set in skin but in main program. (Works fine in Larry skin and in the classic skin, though.)
Just download two files and overwrite in your Roundcube installation (version 1.1.4): https://qwertfisch.eu/roundcube/button_patch_1.1.4.zip

Classic Compact is a skin extension, not a stand-alone skin. You can create one, as I have documented on the Bitbucket page.