Author Topic: First buildup issue  (Read 3808 times)

Offline MartijnSnel

First buildup issue
« on: October 14, 2015, 08:21:25 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so I hope i'm at the right place for this. I'm also new to using Roundcube from an administrative perspective (as apposed to being a user for many years).

Anyway, I've installed Roundcube on a webserver (shared server from an ISP) and made an IMAP mailbox. I imported a large set of mails from a previous provider into the mailbox (5000+ mails send and recieved in the last 7 years). The import went well and if I use any IMAP client I see all the mails in the mailbox. I then logged into the Roundcube install using the credentials for the mailbox. This went okay and I started to see email appear in the mailbox. In the left corner of the Roundcube interface a counter told me that it was building up the database. After a few minutes the progress indicator started to stall. It was at 10% for about a day, then after two days hit 11% and now it's about 10 days later and it says 12%. I'm looking for a way to fix or debug this. Can I reset the buildup of the database somewhere? Or should I do anything special if I want to let Roundcube load a mailbox that has 5000+ mails in it (the total IMAP mailbox is about 330 MB, so lot's of mail but not exceptional).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Greetings,
Martijn

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: First buildup issue
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 03:02:52 AM »
I do not know what you are refering to when you say a counter in the left corner. The only thing I can think of there is your mailbox quota indicator. Please could you attached a screenshot?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline MartijnSnel

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 09:39:45 AM »
Hi,

Slightly colored cheeks: yes.. this is something I haven't seen before on hosted versions of Roundcube, so the percentage is just the amount of mailbox space being used. This however is still a part of the problem: As said: I have a mailbox starting in 2008 running up to today. When I use IMAP to look at this (for instance Outlook or my smartphone) I see all mail. When I open Roundcube it shows most mails; but I have a gap between august 2014 en july 2015. The mails are in the mailstore, but not viewable throught my Roundcube. I'm now guessing I should reset the whole installation by dropping the database and let it rebuild. Or any other suggestions?

Greetings
Martijn

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 01:29:55 PM »
Please enable imap_debug in your roundcube config and check the generated log file to make sure these messages are included in the response from you IMAP server when roundcube asks for the message list.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…