Author Topic: Viewing ALL message Headers  (Read 2383 times)

Offline hal9001

Viewing ALL message Headers
« on: February 15, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »
I am helping a friend who is using Round Cube in lieu of an Email Client. She wants to be able to view ALL the headers (especially the Received headers) from a received message not the minimal set that is offered. I have looked at the preference settings to see how to turn on the full display to no avail. Looking that the docs says that using the preview window is supposed to allow this display but when I try it there are no extra headers displayed. Is there a way to get a full Header display or does Round Cube not offer this capability?

Thank You.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Viewing ALL message Headers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 02:50:10 AM »
It depends a little on which skin you are using.

In the Larry skin, when you are viewing a message in either preview or full view there is a small down arrow in the bottom right corner of the grey header section that shows the from/to/date etc at the top of the message. Left clicking on this small arrow will display the raw message headers. Clicking it again hides them.

In the Classic skin, when you are viewing a message in either preview or full view there is a small down arrow in the center of the display at the bottom of the grey header section that shows from/to/date etc at the top of the message. Left clicking on this small arrow will display the raw message headers. Clicking it again hides them.

If you want to change which headers are shown by default in that grey section then you need to use a plugin. The show_additional_headers is shipped with Roundcube and is a proof of concept of how to do this.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline hal9001

Re: Viewing ALL message Headers
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 09:00:44 PM »
Thank You for the reply. She is using Larry and your instructions were dead-on for the display she wants/needs. Since it exists and works I can live with the lack of it being documented and/or that not being a preference to display the headers automatically by default.