Author Topic: Issue: hmail, roundcube, and password change on IIS 8  (Read 5699 times)

Offline mcgoode

Issue: hmail, roundcube, and password change on IIS 8
« on: February 26, 2016, 02:38:56 PM »
Greetings!

I have recently setup hmailserver and roundcube (1.1.4 ) on my windows server 2012 and the only issue I have is getting the password change to function. I can connect with my phone, and the webmail to send/receive mail. Just not change a password..

Everything is on one server and I am just running out of ideas and every link i google is now purple if it has to deal with changing passwords with hmail/roundcube.

hMail and roundcube are both running on the same mySQL instance as well.

Here is the error from froundcube:
Code: [Select]
[26-Feb-2016 19:11:27 +0000]: <d7qgtv35> Plugin password (hmail driver): Source: hMailServer COM library
Description: You do not have access to this property / method. Ensure that hMailServer.Application.Authenticate() is called with proper login credentials.
[26-Feb-2016 19:11:27 +0000]: <d7qgtv35> Plugin password (hmail driver): This problem is often caused by DCOM permissions not being set.

Here is how I have setup the password plugin's config.inc.php
$config['password_driver'] = 'hMail';

// hMail Driver options
// -----------------------
// Remote hMailServer configuration
// true:  HMailserver is on a remote box (php.ini: com.allow_dcom = true)
// false: Hmailserver is on same box as PHP
$config['hmailserver_remote_dcom'] = false;
// Windows credentials
$config['hmailserver_server'] = array(
    'Server' => 'localhost', // hostname or ip address
    'Username' => '', // windows username
    'Password' => '' // windows user password
);

I am not really sure what to place in to the username and password fields there since it is on the same server. I have set up the DCOM permissions as specified on at hmailserver.

hMailServer DCOM Properties are

IIS_USERS
Local Launch: Allow
Local Activation: Allow

I have the php version 5.3.28 and all the needed extensions enabled.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or if more information on my setup is needed i will gladly help. Maybe I over look something somewhere or some setting.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:11:45 PM by mcgoode »

Offline SorenR

Re: Issue: hmail, roundcube, and password change on IIS 8
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 10:04:39 AM »
"Username" & "Password" is your admin user in hMailServer. Usually "Administrator" and some password you defined during installation. Same password you use for the HMS GUI.

Offline mcgoode

Re: Issue: hmail, roundcube, and password change on IIS 8
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »
Thanks SorenR,

I did get it working now. I think it was due to changing too many things at one time and not slowly going about it. I had to restart the hmail and IIS server after creating the DCOM. After that everything worked just fine!