Author Topic: Error: SMTP Error: Failed to add recipient...Domain name required for sender  (Read 3509 times)

Offline stefano

Dear All,

my name is stefano and this is my first post;
I've tried looking for similar topics but they were all related to auth problem. I've faced the following problem with roundcube 0.9.5 and again, after having upgraded to 1.2.0. (CentOS 6.8, php 5.3.3,  mysql 5.1.73)

what happens is that I've configured an imap account, let's say, name_surname (then I'v tried with name-surname but the error is the same) and when I set, as identites, in the Email field name-surname@myhost.domain.it I get the following errors:

from SMTP-maillog: ...reject=553 5.5.4...Domain name required for sender address name-surname
from roundcube-log: SMTP Error: Failed to add recipient...Domain name required for sender address name-surname (Code: 553) in /var/www/html/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1595 (POST /?_task=mail&_unlock=loading1467888360606&_lang=undefined&_framed=1&_action=send)

What strucks me is that if I set as Emai "namesurname@myhost.domain.it" everything works. It's like roundcube doesn't like underscore or hyphen.

do you know why or ever faced it?

thank you
best regards
stefano

Offline josoliek!

Hi,

I have the same issue but with ALL emails. How did you solve this problem?

Sincerly, Johanna