Author Topic: Add a secondary flag column with a different color  (Read 5468 times)

Offline guisasso

Add a secondary flag column with a different color
« on: July 28, 2016, 09:28:14 AM »
Hello all!
I work with a colleague and we share the same general inbox. We reply to emails with 2 different signatures.
For every email I open, I use the red flag to let my colleague know I'm working with that person.
We have to quote a product for pretty much each email we get, which takes us time.
In rare events, he will open the same message, and since we get many emails, he won't find out I was working with that person as well for a while, which means both of us where spending time working on a quote for the same customer.
The quickest way I thought to solve this would be if there were an option or plugin to add a secondary column with a different color flag.
I could not find that anywhere, but  perhaps there's a different solution, so if anybody here has any ideas, please let me know, I'd be very thankful.
Thanks guys,
Roundcube rocks!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Add a secondary flag column with a different color
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 12:02:22 PM »
I can't think of an easy way to do that, how about moving the email to a different folder when you clam it?

Offline guisasso

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 02:23:34 PM »
Thanks for the answer.

I had thought of that already, it would work in theory, but it is not optimal.

Thank you,

Offline shilbert

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 03:27:13 PM »
Tell you what. We were testing kolabnow.com which seems to make use of roundcube. We were amazed that we can potentially move away form Outlook.
However we use shared mailboxes and need some feature that transports the status of work on a message. In Outook we are using the flag which becomes a checkmark when clicked more then once.

We were also experimenting with tags for each mail these don't show up for the other user in a shared folder. Only the person creating the tag can see it.

Please add a secondary flag column, provide a selection of flag colors (not just the one in red) or make tags accessible for shared folders.

Thanks