Author Topic: Import of old mail aliases ?  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Freddef

Import of old mail aliases ?
« on: September 04, 2016, 08:35:42 AM »
Hi,

My ISP decided to exchange our old Squirrel Webmail for Roundcube.  In principle it's OK, though I have some smaller issues. One of these is that I had some 40 mail aliases to handle a previous extreme spam situation, 2-300 spams/day.  All of these is still active due to web site accounts etc, so I had them in the Squirrel.  I have extracted all of them and have them in a CSV file, but cannot find a way to import the list. 

Have looked in my directory for RC config files, but nothing there. Also talked with the admins and they have no clue where the aliases are stored. So where are my mail aliases and is it possible as user to import the list (the admins will not help). Do not want to do the work at hand.

Also, when importing the CVS for the addresses I had to friends, the CVS import is extremely flaky and it's documentation over the format is even works.  In principle I ended up importing each record of it's own.

Cheers

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Import of old mail aliases ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:23:53 AM »
Are you referring to filtering? I.E. the mail comes into aliases1@example.com and goes into a specific folder? If that is what your talking about Roundcube relies on the mail server to do that filtering and while there are plugins that allow you to change settings for some systems your mail provider would need to set them up.