Author Topic: (SOLVED) Link Outlook (or other mail services) with Roundcube  (Read 8124 times)

Offline SipriusPT

(SOLVED) Link Outlook (or other mail services) with Roundcube
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:43:25 AM »
Hello again guys,

It is possible to push and send mails from Outlook or other mail services through a local server with a roundcube (in the same local network)?

My idea was to use my local server instead of my ISP, where all the people instead of connect to the ISP would connect to my local server, in this case, the one with roundcube.

Specs:
- OSX
- Server app
- Private network

P.S. i know that roundcube is a mail client but i want to know if there is a way...

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 12:22:02 PM by SipriusPT »

Offline rm13

Re: Link Outlook (or other mail services) with Roundcube
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:17:16 AM »

You could set up an IMAP server and then an SMTP server that relays email through your ISP.

That's not what RC does.

And you probably want your own server on the Internet.

Offline SipriusPT

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 07:13:56 AM »

You could set up an IMAP server and then an SMTP server that relays email through your ISP.

That's not what RC does.

And you probably want your own server on the Internet.

I have solve this problem with getmail+postfix+dovecot.

Getmail to income mail thourgh POP3/IMAP4 and Postfix to outbound mail through SMTP with Auth for outside domains of my ISP mail server. My Getmail was appointed to postfix through sendmail command. All my user accounts had all mails stored there, and from each client (roundcubemail and mail app (still figuring out how to link outlook)) i have access to the same content.

Offline rm13

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 05:37:36 PM »
Outlook is a client. Point it at your IMAP or POP mail server. The same IMAP server that you configured Roundcube to interact with.