Author Topic: after mysql upgrade, some tables not seen  (Read 3998 times)

Offline cbrace

after mysql upgrade, some tables not seen
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:05:06 PM »
Hi all,

I've encountered a bit of weirdness on my mailserver.

Over the weekend I migrated the OS from FreeBSD v10.3 to v11.0

I upgrades the ports using a new ports management tool called synth, which I hadn't used before. It seems synth decided it needed to upgrade mysql from v5.5 to v5.6, which caused some problems, among which the following:

My roundcube lost some of its settings, such as the identities, caldav addressbooks, contacts, and a few other things. Other things, such as sieve filters, are still working.

The tables are still there; I can see them with myphpadmin.

These settings aren't mission-critical for my SoHo installation, but still I would like to figure out what is going on and if possible restore the existing tables.

Any thoughts on why Roundcube can't see certain tables? I re-ran the installer and it says the DB setup is OK.

Using RC v1.2.2 installed from the FreeBSD port.

Thanks in advance,

Colin

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: after mysql upgrade, some tables not seen
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:49:51 PM »
Check if there are duplicate rows in the user table, often something like the mail host as changed causing a new user record to be created and there for loosing the settings, contacts, etc.

Offline cbrace

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 12:58:22 AM »
Hi SKaero

There was indeed a duplicate row for my username. However I tried deleting it, it was recreated when I logged in again.

For some reason, RC seems to think the hostname has changed from localhost to 127.0.1 (see screencap below). This must be related to the OS upgrade from last weekend.

Any idea why this happened and how to fix this? I suppose I could just edit the mail_host field in phpMyAdmin, but if there is an better way that would be great.

Thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 03:05:13 AM »
Check what default_host is set to in the Roundcube config, it should be set to localhost for Roundcube to use the existing user entry.

Offline cbrace

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 05:28:02 AM »
Fixed, many thanks!