Author Topic: File upload failed, using Roundcube on Windows 10  (Read 2706 times)

Offline ambletonion

File upload failed, using Roundcube on Windows 10
« on: November 09, 2016, 11:53:10 AM »
Hi,

I'm just a simple secretary at a company that uses Roundcube for our email, so I really need a simple answer in layman's terms if possible :)  I can't find any help by googling any issues we have with Roundcube because everything I find discusses complex stuff that makes no sense to me because I don't have access to the server.  And the Roundcube website does not seem to offer support directly.  Our OS is Windows 10, and our Roundcube Webmail version is 0.9.4., and the current problem I'm having is that I cannot upload files when composing an email.  This seems to happen completely at random, has nothing to do with the file size, and is hindering the flow of our work.  Restarting my PC and reloading Roundcube doesn't seem to make a difference.  The error message merely says "Error: File upload failed!" and it does not offer any explanation of why.  How can I resolve this issue?  Or is this merely an occasional hiccup in service that has to be waited out?  Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks very much,
C. 

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: File upload failed, using Roundcube on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:21:29 PM »
Unfortunately without access to the server there isn't anything you can do to resolve the problem. You should ask whoever providers your company with Roundcube to look into the problem. A good place to start would be to upgrade Roundcube since the version you are using is rather out of date.