Author Topic: rouncube + nginx not sending attachments on e-mails  (Read 4610 times)

Offline tester100

rouncube + nginx not sending attachments on e-mails
« on: December 02, 2016, 03:55:12 PM »
Hi guys

i have recently installed roundcube on a ubuntu-server machine to run our company e-mail server.

i am running postfix + roundcube.

So i have a odd issue here, perhaps someone might be able to help me out on this one.

first things first, i have setup all the roundcube config.inc.php to connect to my smtp server details, and i can send and receive emails just fine.

Then i increased on nginx the upload and post size limit of attachments to 10Mb cause limit was 2Mb.

even do i can load the attachment on the roundcube and send the e-mail.

but the client never receives the attachments at all.   so i tried the opposite sending from another client server e-mail a attachment to a user mail account from our server  and i can receive on inbox the e-mail + attachment on roundcube

so i checked the temp folder and i have an error on the log

[02-Dec-2016 18:36:59 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /var/www/clients/client3/web5/web/webmail/plugins/redundant_attachments/redundant_attachments.php on line 102

i have checked line 102 of the code, the funny thing is that the filename shows up on the attachment so to me it doesnt make sense and i am completelly lost.

if i just forward a previous e-mail received from a third party email account that contains attachments, it works, it shows the attachment.

but if i create a new e-mail and add the attachments , it simply does not work, the recipient e-mail only shows up the text message and header of the e-mail it does not display the attachments.

i have also looked at the sender e-mail used on roudcube and on the SENT message folder, the attachments are also missing.

Any ideas on how to solve this litle annoying issue?

Offline alec

Re: rouncube + nginx not sending attachments on e-mails
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 02:10:20 AM »
If you have one http server, why do you use redundant_attachments plugin?

Offline tester100

Re: rouncube + nginx not sending attachments on e-mails
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »
If you have one http server, why do you use redundant_attachments plugin?

Hiya

issue sorted , i actually had both plugins enabled  database_attachments and redundant_attachment..  that said database_attachment was clearing out the attachment file from temp folder by the time redundant_Attachment was beeing used it was empty.

i disabled database_attachment plugin now and all is working fine.

Thread can be closed now.

thanks