Author Topic: Self register new account  (Read 3096 times)

Offline diprax

Self register new account
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:41:37 PM »
Hello guys 

I'm currently configuring a local mail server in a NGO which provides free education, in East Timor.. This solution is great, and it will help the students to have an experience how is to use email! I am configuring a solution with roundcube + hMailServer, and it is working flawlessly!  But we would also like to have the possibility for the students to create their own account....

From my search there was a plugin in myroundcube which could be used to do it, but the project is dead!  Do you guys know which is the best solution ?

Or if any of you have the register/self-registration plugin and can share it with me, I would be very thankful

Offline rm13

Re: Self register new account
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
The email account would need to exist in the IMAP server. After that Roundcube could let anyone with a valid IMAP account login. Just set the right configuration (I think it's default).

Look for something to spin up new email accounts on whatever your IMAP server is. Not clear if this is publicly accessible or not, if so then you need to put some restrictions on it or you're going to have lots of spammers.