Author Topic: Forward with ecryption  (Read 4432 times)

Offline bcman

Forward with ecryption
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:49:18 AM »
Hello,

Just upgraded to Roundcube 1.2.3 for the Enigma plugin. I need to make an automatically forward, so that when the email address receives an email, it gets encrypted by the plugin and then it gets forwarded. I am a developer, so if the implementation requires some changes, it won't be a problem, but I need the details on how to do this.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Forward with ecryption
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »
I'm not sure that roundcube is the best tool for this. Anything that you made in roundcube to do that would only work when the user is logged in to roundcube. It sounds to me like you would be better off implementing something server side.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline bcman

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:26:57 AM »
So is there no way I can do this? Eventually just use some forwarding feature of roundcube and I'll make that use the Enigma plugin and encrypt the message.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 06:31:25 AM »
i dont know enough about the enigma plugin to be able to answer that. if it allows for messages to be encrypted via the plugin api then you could do that. but it would only when when the user is logged in to roundcube.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline bcman

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 07:31:36 AM »
And if I have user and pass of the account, how can I do. I was thinking at using the msgexport.sh script, encrypt them (how?) and delete the message after sending it. This on a cron running each minute. Really have no other idea of how I could achieve this

Offline rm13

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:56:16 AM »
Do you have sieve filters on your email server? Look into using sieve to forward the email to something that will encrypt in then forward it. No need for a user to be logged in via Roundcube.

Something like this https://gitlab.com/mikecardwell/gpgit maybe. Didn't really look at.