Author Topic: Saved message live notifications - subtler is better  (Read 3208 times)

Offline eanspangler

Saved message live notifications - subtler is better
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:08:42 AM »
Hello,

I'm a new user of roundcube for my business mail, through bluehost.  I prefer this interface from the choices given, however there is one thing that bothers me, and may have me choosing another option.

The auto-save feature for message drafts is great, and I like to keep this on a higher frequency, to not lose anything written.  However, I find that the little green notifications that pop up at the bottom of the window each time a draft is saved are very distracting, and seem unnecessary.  As long as I know the drafts are being saved, I don't need to have it announced every single time and pull my eyes away from what I'm writing.  Gmail is great with this.  There is a subtle grey bit of text down at the bottom of each message window that will say 'saving' and then 'saved' which is not a distraction, but is helpful to check and see before closing the window.

Thank you for any consideration of changing this feature, for the sake of all easily distracted people out there.  (For example, at the moment, the little animated 'M' button for creating marquees above this message window is causing me some anxiety.  Could you freeze that animation too? 

Writing with a tranquil mind is a rare and beautiful thing these days. 

~Ean