Author Topic: Export adresses to excel  (Read 2160 times)

Offline merryferry

Export adresses to excel
« on: March 27, 2017, 04:34:32 AM »
Hello,

in order to create a mailinglist I want to export email addresses from everyone I received an email from.

What is the most efficient way to do so?

Can I export the address book to an excel sheet? At the moment I do not use the address book, would there e a possibility to transfer all addresses to the address book without having to put them there manually?

Or is there another option that gives me the possibility to export all addresses to an excel sheet?
I want to use mail chimp for my mailinglist.

Any advice much appreciated, also links to related posts /sorry for posting if it is already a discussed topic.

Thanks a lot, Marie-Anne

Offline rm13

Re: Export adresses to excel
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:31:39 PM »
I'm not aware of any plugins or "easy" ways to do this in Roundcube.

So you do not have an existing mailing list? If you do then that software typically has a way to export contacts.

You could add all the senders to an address book and then export contacts from Roundcube. That would be tedious. There are other methods of parsing the senders out of those emails, however you should only be sending mass email to people who have specifically opted in.

Better would be to setup Mailchimp and then invite folks to subscribe via your website, social media, or whatever. That way they can opt-in and you have less risk of getting blacklisted for spam.