Author Topic: Can anyone help urgently ref non receipt of emails  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Graham s

Can anyone help urgently ref non receipt of emails
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
Hi everyone,
Firstly my aplogies if this is in the wrong section, I am in desperate need of help and have just found the forum.
I have been running a business for 5 years using roundcube with no problems.

As of yesterday I received my last email at 1622 which seemed strange when I checked today. I have tried sending emails to both myself and my other hotmail account (personal) they send but I cannot receive emails through roundcube.

I contacted talk talk my provider who state they cannot help as it is a third party not on their list to help. With my limited knowledge I have also logged on via my mobile provider only, ie wifi off, the same happens.

Please can anyone help as I am losing custom as my traffic is generally high each day

Kind regards
Graham

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Can anyone help urgently ref non receipt of emails
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »
Your not having a problem with Roundcube your problem is with the mail server. Who ever provides the email server is who you need to contact for support.

Offline Graham s

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 12:16:24 PM »
Thank you, I spoke to talk talk who say they cannot give help to a round cube account, do I have to now change provider. Any help is appreciated

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »
If you get email service from that provider point out the problem is with the mail account and NOT Roundcube. If they provide anyway to check emails though there platform through check to show the problem occurs there as well.

Offline Graham s

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 01:17:06 PM »
Thank you, but my hotmail account, from all my devices using wifi talk talk works fine. It is only roundcube that doesn't. Also when I switch to my mobile network it still doesn't work, wouldn't that work if the problem was with talk talk. I am sorry to ask many questions but I am realky trying to sort this, thank you

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »
So it works from other devices? Where does Hotmail come into this, is Roundcube accessing Hotmail email?

Offline Graham s

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 01:55:07 PM »
I have just used the neighbours wifi to access roundcube and I am having the same problems of not receiving. It appears that wherever I access roundcube it's the same problem. PLEASE can anyone help, it looks like I may have to close the business down for some time  if I cannot resolve this and set up a new provider

Offline Graham s

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 01:59:18 PM »
Sorry, I have a hotmail account which I use on the same device for only personal emails, it works fine and receives fine. When I log into webmail.eu.com my business account, I can send but not receive. It will also send to hotmail fine but cannot receive back and I haven't had a email to the roundcube one for over a day despite sending tests. All run off the same device and wifi. The guy who set me up did it with webmail.eu.com but it has always worked fine

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »
So again its a mail server problem not a Roundcube problem. It doesn't matter where you access Roundcube from its always accessing the mail server that isn't receiving incoming email. You need to contact whoever runs webmail.eu.com and ask the for support.

Offline Graham s

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »
Thank you, isn't webmail.eu.com roundcube. There is no information at all about webmail.eu.com but just points you to roundcube. I must say thank you for your help with this

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 04:01:32 PM »
Roundcube is just a webmail client anyone can download it and set it up on there server. Its NOT a service that is managed by anyone company. Your problem is most likely with the mail server that Roundcube is connecting to. I'd suggest contacting whoever originally setup your account and see if they can help or knows who runs the webmail.eu.com service.