Author Topic: Using outlook to DL and not save my email on the Roundcube server?  (Read 2679 times)

Offline ltaylor

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I tried the outlook help and one of the MS forums, and they weren't much help.

I'm sure there's a way, but I haven't been able to find it.

I don't really want outlook to 'sync' with roundcube. I'd like to use Outlook (I'll set up a different email client, but I have outlook for business now) to download my emails, and sort them on my machine, since the online space available in Roundcube gets filled up rather quickly. 

I thought I had the settings right, but then I stopped getting email again, until I logged into my online account and deleted a enough email there to start receiving again.

Thanks.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Using outlook to DL and not save my email on the Roundcube server?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »
First Roundcube isn't a mail server its a web mail client that accesses a mail server like how Outlook is a desktop mail client.

I think what your looking for is a POP mail configuration which will download the email from the mail server to Outlook. It sounds like you may already have that configured but the option that your missing is having it automatically delete email on the mail server so you don't run out of space.

I don't know Outlook very well but here is a guide that shows how to enable the function: https://www.unitedsupport.co.uk/fusion/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/119/0/how-to-configure-outlook-to-automatically-delete-email-from-the-server

Offline ltaylor

Re: Using outlook to DL and not save my email on the Roundcube server?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »
Thanks, I think I have a slightly different version of Outlook (Office 365), so I may be able to find the right search terms to see if I can get that setting in the new version.