Author Topic: Error and FATAL Error after installing roudcube.  (Read 7820 times)

Offline mashaal

Error and FATAL Error after installing roudcube.
« on: January 03, 2008, 02:36:16 AM »
I've just installed roudcube on my server and created it perfectly following the step by step instruction provided on my host website and on this roudcube.net website.

The Error msgs i get are.

Code: [Select]
Warning: require_once(include/rcube_shared.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/malhotra/public_html/email/index.php on line 81

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/rcube_shared.inc' (include_path='/home/malhotra/public_html/email/:/home/malhotra/public_html/email/program:/home/malhotra/public_html/email/program/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/malhotra/public_html/email/index.php on line 81

???

I'm a rookie with all this... so if possible please do try to explain it like u would to a layman.

all the help will be much appreciated.

thanks.

Offline Elch

Re: Error and FATAL Error after installing roudcube.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:26:44 AM »
Hi mashaal,

this was my problem too.

But my RC had run before, i make an php update on our server and after this update my RC doesn't run anymore :(

The way i resolve the problem:
Open index.php and comment this line out
ini_set('include_path', $INSTALL_PATH.PATH_SEPARATOR.$INSTALL_PATH.'program'.PATH_SEPARATOR.$INSTALL_PATH.'program/lib'.PATH_SEPARATOR.ini_get('include_path'));
Now you must change the php.ini for your RC or per .htaccess file, to set the include path for RC:
php_admin_value include_path "/var/www/roundcube/:/var/www/roundcube/program:/var/www/roundcube/program/lib:."
The path is a sample please correct to your path.

I hope I could help you
Elch

Sorry for my bad english.

Offline mashaal

Re: Error and FATAL Error after installing roudcube.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:21:47 AM »
Hi Elch, thanks for you support....

actually i've kinda resolved this problem...
there was something wrong with the ftp client i was using so when i uploaded my folders.. they got uploaded but the contents were empty.. so basically due to core files missing, it had to give me a fatal error... *bounce my head* :-p

anyhow, i'll keep what you said in mind, it seems pretty helpful, if incase i do pass by this problem..

thanks a ton elch.... [mods can close this thread]