Author Topic: advanced preferences, server settings  (Read 2736 times)

Offline bennypr0fane

advanced preferences, server settings
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »
I have trouble finding any decent documentation about Roundcube (I don't know about you guys, but in the wiki I haven't found anything I looked for so far), so maybe this can all be resolved by pointing me to some secret "Roundcube actual full documentation site".

So I'd like to set an IMAP server different from the one at login for an alternate identity (actually I made it my default). However, there aren't any options for that in my RCE installation!
I found this in the default.inc.php:
Code: [Select]
// define which settings should be listed under the 'advanced' block
// which is hidden by default
$config['advanced_prefs'] = array();

Is this "advanced" block the place where I would configure the IMAP server if it wasn't hidden?
Why is it hidden by default? What are the options that can go in here? What do I need to put in to show *all* the settings?

Or else, where would I configure the IMAP server?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: advanced preferences, server settings
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »
Are you trying to connect to multiple IMAP servers from one Roundcube account? If so that isn't something Roundcube supports.

Offline bennypr0fane

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »
Thanks for the information.
Yes, that's what I was trying to do. So I've been mislead by tech support of my hosting provider, I exchanged like a dozen e-mails with them to determine whether this works or not before installing Roundcube, and they ended up saying yes, it does...
So, would you happen to know one nice Free webmail client that does?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 12:11:38 PM »
I don't know any webmail software that can do that. Horde maybe able to do it, it has a lot of features and I've never dug into it.