Author Topic: 1.3.0 - message_highlight and view message in full.  (Read 2841 times)

Offline krelvinaz

1.3.0 - message_highlight and view message in full.
« on: July 01, 2017, 07:57:04 PM »
Moved RC from a older Debian 7 box to a newer Debian 9 Box.

Right away, I was having some issues.

Issue #1

It would not start with debug logs showing it was having issues with a plugin we are using called: message_highlight

[27-Jun-2017 03:09:15 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function Q() in /www/vhosts/roundcubemail-1.2.1/plugins/message_highlight/message_highlight.php on line 141

If I turned off the plugin it works.

I tried to find an update for that, but am not really clear if there is one as when I updated composer information it didn't show up.

I decided to upgrade the installation from roundcubemail-1.2.1 to roundcubemail-1.3.0 which basically went without any errors...

But I still didn't see the message_highlight plugin.

Issue #2

I also noted a weird result when double clicking on a message where in the past it would show a full page of the message in the Main application screen (not a separate window like when you are composing.  Instead it just shows the preview screen of the message.

I am not sure if for some reason an option is not turned on or if there is something I need to do to make that work again.

Ref:
Debian 9
Apache 2.4.25
MySQL 5.7.18
PHP 7.1.4

Roundcube Webmail 1.3.0
Installed plugins

Plugin   Version   License   Source
archive   3.0   GPLv3+   
filesystem_attachments   1.0   GPLv3+   
jqueryui   1.12.0   GPLv3+   
keyboard_shortcuts   2.4.1   GPL-2.0   Download
zipdownload   3.3   GPLv3+

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: 1.3.0 - message_highlight and view message in full.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:09:07 AM »
For your first issue you should contact the author of the message_highlight plugin. It looks like it needs to be modified to continue to work with Roundcube.

The second issue, that is intended behaviour in 1.3 see https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/5828
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline krelvinaz

Re: 1.3.0 - message_highlight and view message in full.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:55:33 AM »
Thanks for your response.

For your first issue you should contact the author of the message_highlight plugin. It looks like it needs to be modified to continue to work with Roundcube.

The second issue, that is intended behaviour in 1.3 see https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/5828
As for the decision to eliminate the double-click to view the message is IMHO a big mistake.  It should be at least an option that the user can decided to choose rather than ripping out completely.

But again, thanks for the response.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:03:57 AM by krelvinaz »