Author Topic: forwarding  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Clement Rhein

forwarding
« on: August 23, 2017, 04:03:04 AM »
Hi there,

I cannot work out how to forward emails from Roundcube on my chromebook to my gmail account. For example, I would like my gmail on my phone to sync when i read an email on my chromebook within Roundcube. I thought life would be easy and I will use Roundcube on my fairphone but this app is simply impossible to work with due to basic functional issues, hence why I reverted to using gmail on the phone.

I read about going in Developer's mode on the Chromebook or Crosh shell, which I would much prefer not to do from fear of messing things up since I am no developer or programmer, far from it.

Any advice or at least a clear step by step guide for Crosh would be muchly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Clem

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: forwarding
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:48:38 AM »
Roundcube is an imap client. it does not have any abilities to forward anything out of the box - as the client anything it does only works when you have it open. you should contact your provider to see what forwarding options they offer. They might also be able to give you the imap server connection details so you can use the mail app on your phone to access your email directly rather than needing to forward to another address.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦