Author Topic: FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2 Issue (sending IP instead of domain name)  (Read 2791 times)

Offline AndyInNYC

FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2 Issue (sending IP instead of domain name)
« on: August 25, 2017, 10:27:10 PM »
I'm trying to get my emails to pass through various portals (earthlink, gmail, etc.) from which I'm being bounced.

The biggest issue I have is that roundcube seems to be using IP addresses when it sends instead of domain names.

To fix this, I tried editing the file'defaults.inc.php' - specifically ./opt/www/roundcubemail-1.3.0/config/defaults.inc.php

I changed the line:

$config('smtp_server'] = 'localhost'

to

$config['smtp_server'] = '%d'

This just resulted in the server being inaccessible via roundcube.

So, what do I need to change to get SPAMAssassin to leave my emails alone <g> and pass at (hopefully) 10/10?

Andrew

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2 Issue (sending IP instead of domain name)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »
This is a problem with the mail server not being configured with a domain, it not something you can change or fix from Roundcube.

Offline AndyInNYC

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 11:17:20 PM »
Being a beginner, I'm not sure I follow your post - but thank you for answering.

I am using a VPS from woothosting on the IP in question.  My server name is mail.mydomain.com (with my domain being a domain I actually own, with records hosted at Godaddy).

Since I have the ability the change the DNS records as well as hostname and roundcube setup, what DO I need to do to make the problem go away?

I'd like for my emails to not be bounced/spam-marked.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 11:51:44 PM »
I can't really give you directions since it would depend on what mail server you have. Basically what is happening is your mail when it connects to another mail server (lets say gmails) is greeting the other server with an IP address or a domain that doesn't point to the mail server. That is the problem that would need to be fixed.