Author Topic: cPanel email inboxes deleted from Roundcube webmail. How do I get them back?  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Freggio

Hi,

Been using roundcube webmail within cPanel as my main email client for years now.

I have a main domain with cPanel management and several add on domains within that.

Normally I log in to the domain email account on Roundcube within cPanel and I see the main inbox and the add on domain inboxes as folders in the menu on the left hand side.

As far as I remember if I create a new add on domain and email address this automatically gets added to the left hand side menu with the others.

Here's my issue. Yesterday something strange happened to the email server. Suddenly all the email in my accounts disappeared. When I checked in cPanel all my accounts showed 0% of quota even though there were thousands of emails in some of them. My hosting support were unable to work out what the issue was but said all the emails were still there.

When I tried to access these accounts by clicking on them in the left nav in Roundcube an error message saying something like 'This email account cannot be accessed because the inbox does not exist' Then the email account disappeared from the left menu.

Over the next few hours the server appears to have recovered and the email quotas went back to normal account by account. I can now access each account separately in Roundcube and everything is fine.

However the accounts are still deleted from the domain Roundcube webmail. I can't see any way to manually add them. Now I can only check my emails by logging in to each account separately.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?

Many thanks.

Freggio

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
The function you are describing isn't a Roundcube feature its part of cPanel so you'd have to ask your host to resolve the problem.