Author Topic: Forwarding emails to hotmail not working  (Read 6912 times)

Calann

Forwarding emails to hotmail not working
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:52:19 AM »
Good morning,
apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been answered before.

I have a re seller account which utilises roundcube as its webmail server (edit: It's been pointed out i should have used the word client, not server...apologies, i'm not an expert, hence why i was asking for help).
Although forwarding has been set up via plesk roundcube is failing to forward these to hotmail addresses. I have also tested this by trying a manual forward from the email address.

I do not have access to my users hotmail accounts to set up them collecting the mail via pop and as they are bloggers and small business artists, this isn't something they would be able to do themselves.

Support at my hosting company has been unhelpful so i was hoping someone here could offer a solution.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:00:07 AM by Calann »

Offline alec

Re: Forwarding emails to hotmail not working
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 10:03:42 AM »
Roundcube is not a server, it's a client. Other than that I don't really understand your problem. So, be more specific or ask on Plesk forum.

Offline UgiLiz

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:11:56 AM »
I have had problems sending emails to Hotmail addresses since last week. I receive emails from Hotmail addresses OK but 'Reply' bounces. There was a brief period on Friday/Saturday when it started working, then stopped. Several screen shots attached. This is driving me nuts! Any ideas?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »
Your mail server looks to be on the spam block list. You need to get your server off of that spam block list.

Offline UgiLiz

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:47:12 PM »
But I've been using this for years without any problems. Over the weekend the service has been erratic, sometimes working, sometimes not. It's the same problem using different routers and broadband suppliers (home and office). I can't believe that Hotmail is blocked?
But... if you are right how would I set about unblocking please?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 01:23:30 PM »
Servers go on and off blacklists all of the time. Your mail server isn't on your local network so changing routers and broadband suppliers wouldn't help. You need to contact your email provider (looks like gridhosting) and ask them to get the problem sorted out.

Offline UgiLiz

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
Oh, sorry, Roundcube is all over the email and I just assumed... I'll try Gridhosting.