Author Topic: Problem with upgrade 1.10 -> 1.33  (Read 3652 times)

Offline plumbington

Problem with upgrade 1.10 -> 1.33
« on: November 12, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »
I'm running on MacOS 10.11.6 using Server.app v5.2.  This includes PHP 5.5.38.

While attempting to upgrade from v1.1 to v 1.3.3, the upgrade script complains about the following:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_pgsql: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20131226
PHP    compiled with module API=20121212
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pgsql: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20131226
PHP    compiled with module API=20121212
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0
Upgrading from 1.1.0. Do you want to continue? (y/N)[/font]

Is this something that I can fix somehow?

If I do, will this affect the existing  v1.1 install (I'm upgrading a copy of the v1.1 install to make sure I can get it working before releasing it on my users!)

Would upgrading to  v1.2.7 avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ian

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Problem with upgrade 1.10 -> 1.33
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »
So that error is coming from the PHP on the server, it sounds like the PHP configuration is trying to load the Postgres module which isn't installed. This shouldn't be a problem for Roundcube as long as your not using Postgres for your database. You should still resolve the base problem since your probably filling up your servers error logs with that error message.

Offline plumbington

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:43:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply SKaero.

Forgive the newbieness of this question, but ... 

Given I'm running this on an macOS 10.11 box with Server.app v5.2, I don't think that I can easily upgrade PHP or any of its modules.  Is there any way to install a 2md instance of PHP, and direct RoundCube to use that, rather that the built-in version?

TIA

Ian

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 01:09:53 PM »
If your using the OS X server should should probably try to fix the problem since this wouldn't just effect Roundcube but instead all apps that rely on PHP. I see this a quick Google your not the only one with this problem, maybe this will help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7720834?start=0&tstart=0

Offline plumbington

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 02:30:05 PM »
I'm not too worried about the Postgres module errors.  It has been running fine as is.

My problem now is that I'd like to upgrade, and make use of the carddav plugin, and it needs a more recent version of PHP than what is currently installed.  I don't want to mess with the existing instance as I don't know what the implications would be with all the other software/webapps that Apple installs by default.

Hence my question about installing a completely separate instance of PHP.  If I do so, can I somehow tell Roundcube to use that instance rather that the built in version?

Thanks again,

Ian

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
You could technically install another version and run another web server out of a different port with the newer PHP version but I'd guess that wouldn't be super simple to setup on OS X. It maybe worth updating OS X, 10.13 has PHP 7.1 out of the gate, I'd think that would have less headaches long run.

Offline plumbington

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
Yea SKaero, you're probably right.

Thanks for the advice...

Ian

Offline rm13

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
You might take a look at this kind of approach using homebrew https://getgrav.org/blog/macos-sierra-apache-multiple-php-versions if you're running on a Mac.

Depending on the Apache,MySQL,PHP that Apple provides can be dicey. Homebrew would give you more control.