Author Topic: installing plugins with only FTP access  (Read 4300 times)

Offline schwim

installing plugins with only FTP access
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:08:36 PM »
Hi there everyone!

I'm trying to figure out how to get a calendar working in my Roundcube install and am trying to start with plugin-manager and keep coming across instructions like:

clone Roundcube
    cp composer.json-dist composer.json
    add your plugin in the require section of composer.json
    composer.phar install

I understand the instructions of renaming composer.json-dist and adding the plugins into that file but how do I perform the final instruction of composer.phar install or it's equal via FTP?

I'm sorry for such a basic issue but would really appreciate the help in getting a calendar up and running.

Thanks for your time!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: installing plugins with only FTP access
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 02:19:16 AM »
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline schwim

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 08:38:21 AM »
here are some instructions for manually installing plugins: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Plugin-API#installing-and-activating-plugins

Thanks very much for your help, John but I think I'm misunderstanding certain steps.  The plugin installer, for instance.

I unzipped plugin-installer-master and entered /src/  Inside, I see

/bin/rcubeinitdb.sh
/roundcube/composer/Plugininstaller.php

The /bin directory does match what I find in the Roundcube install but what about /roundcube/composer?  Since it does not follow the directory heiarchy of my install, should I put composer in plugins or should that folder group be set in my Roundcube root?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »
you are correct that plugin-installer works with composer. but if you are installing plugins manually (like you are) then you don't that that. essentially all you need to do is put your plugin RC's plugin's folder, configure it (if needed) and enable it in your RC config.

Offline schwim

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 10:30:08 PM »
Thanks very much for your continued help, John.  I don't mean to sound dense but I'm still having a problem figuring out how to handle manual installation.  I read the instructions then downloaded kolab-roundcube-plugins-mirror/libcalendaring to install in preparation of his calendar and unzipped the files to find a completely unrecognizable directory structure:

skins/larry makes sense where it would go but there's no src and lib & localization aren't to be found in either root or plugins directory.  The readme included in the zip does not deal with the actual install in any way but discusses a potential dependency.

Again, I apologize for what's likely common sense but how would I install this plugin?

Thanks for your time!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »
the folder you have open in your screenshot, its called `libcalendaring-master` rename it simply `libcalendaring` and copy it to the /plugins directory of your Roundcube installation. Then add 'libcalendaring' in to your plugins config var in your main Roundcube config file.