Author Topic: DB ISSUE  (Read 5049 times)

Offline seeclarencerun

DB ISSUE
« on: August 15, 2006, 04:15:28 PM »
When I install the software and configure as per instructions I get the following error:

DB Error in /home/greatbig/public_html/roundcube/program/include/rcube_db.inc (97): DB Error: connect failed

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: query() in /home/greatbig/public_html/roundcube/program/include/rcube_db.inc on line 213

Any idea what the heck is going on? I have checked the username and password to access the DB from my MySQL admin software and it logs in just fine.

HELP!

Offline arvoreen

Re: DB ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 05:29:47 PM »
Is that the error in the error file in the logs directory?

Also, is your admin software web-based, running on the same machine as your roundcube install?

Perhaps your mysql privileges aren't quite right?

Offline yllar

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 01:18:20 AM »
php needs mysql module before you can use roundube
irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/#roundcube

Offline seeclarencerun

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 10:08:15 AM »
Both PHP and MySQL are in and running on my server. I have other pages using the system without any trouble. I have tried many different configurations in the config file and nothing makes any change at all.

--Is that the error in the error file in the logs directory? --- Yes

--Also, is your admin software web-based, running on the same machine as your roundcube install?-- No it is running on my local machine, although the PHPmyDAMIN running on the same server accesses the MySQL data without any problem

--Perhaps your mysql privileges aren't quite right?-- I am wondering that. I have reset them twice to no avail. I am also wondering if there is a hardocded user somewhere in roundcube for username: roundcube itself. The only kind of user I can create is one that uses my domain account as a prefix. Ex. roundcube becomes greatbig_roundcube. Very strange. My MySQL guys in my office can not even figure this one out.