Author Topic: 0.2.2 - Firefox 3.0.7 display issues  (Read 5134 times)

Offline rtilghman

0.2.2 - Firefox 3.0.7 display issues
« on: May 28, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »
Firefox 3.0.7
Roundcube 0.2.2 stable
MySQL 4.1.16

Recently upgraded from 0.2 to 0.2.2 and started having inconsistent problems with the presentation layer.

Sometimes when I log in all the images/buttons have a thick border around them (link border) and the draggable sections of the display go haywire... I can't see any of the mail list or preview windows, the drag for the presentation display is all the way up at the top of the screen.  I can force drag the display open, but when this happens drag/drop is also disabled... I can drag objects, but there is no highlighting on drop targets (i.e., the trash folder) and items won't move.

The problem is application wide... when I go to the address page the same problem with draggable display sections and other elements are present.  It's basically like the CSS hasn't fully rendered/loaded and has broken.

The problem is very erratic... it's been happening 60-70% of the time when I first log in, and persists for awhile until suddenly it vanishes.  Logging out and logging back in has no effect.

As a test I logged in using IE 7.0.6 and had no problems.  Really baffled... anyone have any ideas?

Best,
Rick

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 12:43:23 AM »
Sounds like you have to clear FF cache. The layout crash if FF use cached files from v0.1.x.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline rtilghman

Yeah, that ain't it...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »
It has nothing to do with cache... unless that's some kind of RoundCube level cache I'm not seeing.

I've emptied the browser's cache hundreds of times, even going to far as to clear private data, nada.  The problem is infrequent in FF, but when it happens it's persistent (e.g., getting rid of it is impossible).  IE has no problem with it.

As I said, when it happens everything goes screwy... the panel is dragged all the way to the top of the page, the DEL button and dragging behaviors don't work, etc.  Basically it's as though the loading scripts ran into a wall and a bunch of stuff (rich behaviors specifically) didn't get initialized.

Very annoying.

Thanks,
Rick

Offline rtilghman

Still a problem across multiple browsers...
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »
Just a heads up, this is still a problem, and I'm seeing it across multiple browser clients (IE 7, FF 3.0.1.1).  When I log in all my images have boxes around them (link boxes) and the preview pane is pulled all the way up the page.

I'm inclined to say this is a problem with Roundcube caching something about the session in the database, but I don't know enough about RC's data model to make that assumption.

Best,
Rick

Offline rosali

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »
Please download current SVN trunk version from here:

/trunk ? RoundCube Webmail

A cache buster was introduced meanwhile. So let us know if your problem still persists.
Regards,
Rosali