Author Topic: Windows, mssql and PHP 5.3.0  (Read 6204 times)

Offline tino

Windows, mssql and PHP 5.3.0
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:59:34 AM »
I'm using PHP 5.3.0 nts on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.

I have installed the SQL Driver for PHP; php_sqlsrv_53_nts_vc9.dll
The extension is listed in the php.ini.

I have installed a RoundCube database on a Microsoft SQL Server (2008) by using the mssql_initial.sql

I have setup the db config with a valid DSN.

The installation checker keeps hitting me with this error;

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\inetpub\webmail\program\lib\MDB2.php on line 392 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\inetpub\webmail\program\lib\MDB2.php on line 2614 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\inetpub\webmail\program\lib\PEAR.php on line 563 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\inetpub\webmail\program\lib\PEAR.php on line 566 DSN (write):  NOT OK(MDB2 Error: not found)
Make sure that the configured database exists and that the user has write privileges
DSN: mssql://user:password@localhost/RoundCube

So there are a few problems here. First, there are some calls in the RoundCoube code that are deprecated in the PEAR libraries that ship with the SVN.
Second, it APPEARS as if though the PEAR::MDB2 cannot handle the Microsoft PHP Driver for SQL Server (?)

Has anyone succeeded in setting up RoundCube in such a setting?

Tino

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:16:01 AM »
There was a problem running RoundCube on Snow Leopard that has the same error http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1486253 You should add a comment on the ticket with your server settings.

Offline Martian

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »
Probably little point in replying to this now but maybe it will help someone via seach.

PHP 5.3 does not seem to work with the mysqli driver and gives the PEAR::MDB2 error you are seeing.  Your options are to either downgrade to PHP 5.2 or to use the older myslq (no "i") driver.

Martian