Author Topic: Several Requests...  (Read 6613 times)

Offline canistel

Several Requests...
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
First, may I say that I really like using Roundcube; it is simple, uncluttered, and clean :)

But, if you are taking feature requests, may I suggest the following?

1) When I'm creating an email in "html" mode, pressing "enter" gives me a blank line, when all I wanted to do was simply end the current line. I'm guessing this is because of the use of "

" tags, instead of a simple "
"? If I switch to text mode, delete the blank line, then switch back to html mode, the desired affect is there.

2) Can we have an option for showing the preview pane on the right, instead of on the bottom? So then we would have 3 vertical columns; the first is the folder listing, the second is the email listing, the third is the preview panel.

3) Outlook, Evolution, and maybe others, have an option in the "email listing" table to show two lines of information per email. So instead of having the "subject", "sender", "date", "size" all squashed together on one line in the table listing, it would have (for example) the "sender" and "date" on one line, then the "subject" and "size" on a new line underneath the first one. It's still only one table row, the rows just grow twice the size in height. This affect is very nice when combined with the 3 column layout described in my previous request.

That's all for now.

Thanks for providing us with a beautiful and useful tool!

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
Several Requests...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 03:27:43 AM »
Quote from: canistel;23073
First, may I say that I really like using Roundcube; it is simple, uncluttered, and clean :)

But, if you are taking feature requests, may I suggest the following?

1) When I'm creating an email in "html" mode, pressing "enter" gives me a blank line, when all I wanted to do was simply end the current line. I'm guessing this is because of the use of "

" tags, instead of a simple "
"? If I switch to text mode, delete the blank line, then switch back to html mode, the desired affect is there.

Use Ctrl-Enter instead of just ENTER.

Quote from: canistel;23073
2) Can we have an option for showing the preview pane on the right, instead of on the bottom? So then we would have 3 vertical columns; the first is the folder listing, the second is the email listing, the third is the preview panel.

3) Outlook, Evolution, and maybe others, have an option in the "email listing" table to show two lines of information per email. So instead of having the "subject", "sender", "date", "size" all squashed together on one line in the table listing, it would have (for example) the "sender" and "date" on one line, then the "subject" and "size" on a new line underneath the first one. It's still only one table row, the rows just grow twice the size in height. This affect is very nice when combined with the 3 column layout described in my previous request.

For request 2 and 3, you can use the MVISION2.2 skin. Check this post for more information.
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline canistel

Several Requests...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »
Quote from: Julius Caesar;23119

... doesn't work for me ... ? I'm using version 0.3.1

For request 2 and 3, you can use the MVISION2.2 skin. Check this post for more information.

Looks interesting... I prefer the functionality of this theme, but the colors of the default; well, can't have everything I guess.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
Several Requests...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:40:41 AM »
Quote from: canistel;23166

... doesn't work for me ... ? I'm using version 0.3.1

My mistake... Use Shift-ENTER instead of just ENTER. ( I prefer plain-text mail so I hardly use the HTML editor.)
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline canistel

Several Requests...
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:44:29 AM »
That works, Thanks!