Author Topic: Message not showing up in webmail  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Serra

Message not showing up in webmail
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »
I'm having an issue with a customer and I'd like some advice on how to look for the problem.

A customer contacted me and said that she can't see email in her box that she knows was sent to her.  I logged into her mail and I didn't see the mail either. (It was sent about 10 minutes prior).

I logged into the server (cPanel running Dovecot, Roundcube's most current version on cPanel,  0.3-stable.cp3) and looked at her physical mail box and the message was sitting in her /cur directory and had a time stamp of 10 minutes prior.

I tried refreshing, hitting the "check for new mail" button and it wouldn't show up in Roundcube.  

I hit the settings icon to check her "check for new message timer", which was fine, so no change, and when I hit the email icon, the message appeared in both of our displays.  (a bit of a refresh delay on her side).

It is clear that the message was delayed at least 10 minutes before I started looking at the problem and at least another 5 minutes after I verified it was physically available myself.  Once the problem clear, any message sent showed up as expected after that.

What could be causing this problem?  Where do I start looking?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:03:07 PM by Serra »

Offline Serra

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
Update: Ok, I've confirmed that when messages are now showing up in the webmail interface, if the customer goes to "Setup" and hits save, when they come back to the email display, all of their messages will now be available.

What is updated on "save settings"?

Offline Shotokan

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »
I am having a problem similar to that. I just installed the RC and i cannot see any message or any folder.

When i hit the settings i can't see any option either. Do you have any idea?