Author Topic: Roundcube and Squirrelmail incompatibility  (Read 4651 times)

Offline 011

Roundcube and Squirrelmail incompatibility
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:20:33 PM »
I have  working setup of Postfix and dovecote.
With that, Squirrelmail and its Avelsieve plugin.
sieve rules do apply adn changes made trough avelsieve plugin do get updated in user sieve file and do get aplly to incoming email. I guess this is result of configuring squirrelmail to use dovecot and whateverr dovecot is configured with.

I wanted to provide option to users to chose between web email clients and by that I do not mean using one exclusively, but rather, chosing either one of then at any time.
As RC ahs sieve plugin too, I wanted to enable that functionality as well.;)

However, RC does not pickup SM created rules, it overwrites user sieve files and instert it's own. SM does the same, can not use RC user sieve file, rather, SM recreate it's own file from scratch.

Syntax of rules is the same, SM sieve file is a bit bigger as it has some additional info.

SM created file state that cnahges made with anything other tha SM will not be taken in affect. I have read that RC plugin is aslo like that, it will read and work only with rules that were created trough RC plugin.:mad:

Any reason why would this be like that? Both, RC and SM do use sieve settings that are defined within dovecot.:confused:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:26:16 PM by 011 »

Offline dziobak

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »
please try sieverules plugin. there is a possibility to chose script

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 03:26:55 AM »
sieverules wont help, like managesieve it requires that the rule file is written in a certain way so it can understand it (just as avelsieve does in sm). Both managesieve and sieverules can import existsing rules from avelsieve i belive and both allow you to switch between rulesets but thats it. there are plugins which let you edit the same set of rules in both sm and rc.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline 011

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:46:55 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;26431
there are plugins which let you edit the same set of rules in both sm and rc.

Could you, please and thank you, tell which plugin, of either SM or RC, will do this. And help me see the light at the end of the tunel.:o

On another note, when looking for solutions for this, trying to find how other did it, I noticed that cpanel, which offer RC, SM and Horde to be selected as web email client, after successfull login, does not utilize sieve. Although it says it is supported, but rather, way to filter is to utilize Exim filtering.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:08:15 PM by 011 »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 01:12:34 PM »
wow i really wasnt awake when i wrote that I meant to say i DONT know of any plugin which lets you edit the same ruleset in both sm and rc. i'm really sorry for the confusion and getting your hopes up.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…