Author Topic: SMTP issues  (Read 5847 times)

Offline 7thLetter

SMTP issues
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »
Hi,

I've installed RoundCube on a Windows 2008 server with hMailServer. I've got the test config screen working in the installer folder and test emails are coming through. But when I log into RoundCube, I get a "SMTP Error (530) :Failed to add recipient " error.

The logs are saying "530 SMTP authentication is required." but I am allowing anonymous connections and the test scripted work.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

G

Offline Jo.F

SMTP issues
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »
Hi,

what was your configuration entry for the "SMTP server host" during install?
External adress (i.e. "mail.mydomain.com") or "localhost"?

Jo

Offline futurecis

• http://www.futurecis.com
SMTP issues
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »
This more than like one of two things. Either your SMTP server requires authentication (which from the sounds of it you are sure it doesnt) or you have to enable the ability for new users to be created upon login. Look for the variable: $rcmail_config['auto_create_user'];

Offline Jo.F

SMTP issues
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 05:39:49 PM »
In hMailServer there are two standard ip-ranges with different settings for authentication (as long as you don't change them).
One is called "My Computer" and has the ip 127.0.0.1 (localhost), the other is named "internet" and has the ip-range from 0.0.0.0 up to 255.255.255.255.
Dependent on your entry for "SMTP Server host" (localhost or FQDN) the way roundcube accesses the hMailServer runs under the settings of the ip-range "My Computer" (if the entry is localhost) or under the settings of "Internet" (if the entry is a full qualified domain name).
You should check the authentication settings for both ip-ranges in hMailServer.